Looking for a healthy snack that only takes seconds to prepare? A common misconception about eating healthy is that it’s a) expensive and b) time-consuming. While that can be true, it doesn’t HAVE to be.
Introducing Saturday Snack in a Second. I’ll be sharing some of my favorite snacks that you can whip up in no time and will not put a dent in your wallet.
Today’s snack is the Avocado Tomato Crisp.
Dietary information: vegan, gluten-free, nut-free
– ¼ avocado
– 3 thin slices of a small/ medium-sized tomato
– 4-5 slices of sweet yellow onion
– 1 whole grain brown rice cake (try a flavored rice-cake for a twist! I used tamari sprinkled with seaweed)
– Pepper to taste
1) Scoop out the avocado and mash onto your rice cake
2) Place tomatoes on top of avocado
3) Layer onions on top of tomatoes
4) Sprinkle with pepper to taste